This is my youngest daughter’s current favorite smoothie. She can’t get enough of it, so I need to keep a constant stash of ripe avocados. The avocado contains healthy fats that are filling and makes this smoothie creamy (like a banana would), but you can’t taste it. We have made this with raw cocoa powder, natural and dutch cocoa (our favorite). This is great as part of breakfast, or an after-school snack!
- 1 cup whole milk or coconut milk or plain kefir
- 1/2 avocado
- 6 ice cubes, or about ½ cup
- 2 -3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao or dutch cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch of unrefined salt, optional
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend for 30 seconds.
Check out our favorite kitchen essentials: Real Food Kitchen Tools
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links. If you purchase a product through one of these links, your cost will be the same but Must Love Real Food will receive a small commission. We appreciate your support!